View Full Version : Should I wait 1 more month to buy an EX1 ?

Tim Kay
June 22nd, 2009, 02:36 PM
So heres the dilemma.

B&H has the EX1 for $6100 plus a $500 ecoupon for SonyStyle.com. $500 coupon ends this week.

I'm leaving town and don't need the camera for a month and his actors are gone so we both don't need it for July. What to do ?

Do we pull the trigger and get in on this coupon, or will we find just as good of an offer in a month and possibly a lower price ? What has been your experience ? We don't know what to do!?!?

Tim Polster
June 22nd, 2009, 02:55 PM
The coupon might get extended, then again it might not.

One month is not a lot of time so I would buy it if you are needing an EX-1.

$5,600 is a nice price for the images you can get.

David Issko
June 22nd, 2009, 04:03 PM
If you haven't used EX camera before, the next month is a perfect time to practice and experiment with it and its many settings.

Sounds like a good deal to me.
Enjoy!

Mark Williams
June 22nd, 2009, 04:13 PM
I looked at the details of the sonystyle $500 rebate. The choices are limited to whats listed on the advanced amateur/professions web page
Advanced Amateur / Professional Camcorders & Accessories | Sony | SonyStyle USA (http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644582896&XID=F:nab:ss)
Not much to use with the EX-1 here. To bad they didn't open it up to all items at the sonystyle store.

Jonathan Shaw
June 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
I month is bugger all time. I would buy it get used to it, shoot some footage and save $500. No brainer!

Unless it is a end of financial year thing and your gonna get hammered with tax???

Great cam for that price.

Tim Kay
June 22nd, 2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. But I guess I didn't make it clear. I'd buy it, then leave it behind for a month. If I could play with it then for sure i'd buy, but it's literally going to be sitting, collecting dust. Does this change anything ?

And didn't know that coupon was that limited.

Tim Polster
June 22nd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Do they still have the HD expo coupon?

I used this when I purchased my EX-1 and got $500 off of the purchase price.

I needed to register and go around the virtual HD expo site which had some nice videos etc...

Have a look at Sony's site. I think I got an e-mail saying it was extended.

Tim Kay
June 22nd, 2009, 10:18 PM
Haven't seen it.
Just the coupon for $500 at sony.

I guess what it comes down to is if or how much the price will drop in a month ? These cameras have been pretty constant at this price for some time now.

Jonathan Shaw
June 25th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Obviously we don't have a crystal ball but I would reckon that the price is pretty fixed now until some other competitor / or Sony model comes out.

Charles Newcomb
June 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Thanks guys for the advice. But I guess I didn't make it clear. I'd buy it, then leave it behind for a month..

You can send it over to my house to play with my EX3.

Dean Harrington
June 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM
When I bought my EX3 I waited about the same period to get to work with it. I'm still behind on that level as I've been using my SD cameras for several SD projects over the last 4 months. That's all behind me now and I can concentrate on the EX3. If you are getting a good deal ... take it !!!