View Full Version : I knew this would happen (FX7)

Alan Dunlop-Walters
July 4th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I predicted, soon after I bought my FX7, that the first thing that would give trouble would be the flip out screen. It's now become unilluminated, presumably because some of the connections have given up. By fooling around with the angle of the screen I can sometimes get the backlight to light up so I can see what's happening, sometimes not. However, sometimes when doing this the camera "reboots" - you hear the clunk you hear when you switch it off, and then it immediately comes back on.

Any experiences of this sort of thing? Any user-fixes? Is it just dirt? Worth experimenting with a screwdriver? Or do I now have the justification to get myself that EX1?

Leslie Wand
July 4th, 2009, 03:35 AM
exactly what have you been doing with your screen?

after countless lcd screen'd sony cameras i have never had a problem with one, even when regularly twisted to display out.

but hey, any excuse to get an ex1 is fine by me ;-)

Jeff Harper
July 4th, 2009, 05:32 AM
You knew this would happen? How?

Like Leslie I've never heard of the screen going bad on a camera though it obviously happened to you.

It should be returned immediately to Sony for repair.

If you can afford an EX1 and can benefit from it I can't even imagine fooling around with the FX7. Go for it.

Leslie Wand
July 4th, 2009, 05:50 PM
and if you do get an ex1, DON'T do what you were doing with the screen on your fx7!!!! cause there's really no difference....

Martyn Hull
July 5th, 2009, 01:21 AM
The lcd went on a HC1 i had after 2 years i dont know how long you have had your FX7 i have had mine over two and a half years now no trouble touch wood.

Garry Moore
July 6th, 2009, 06:05 AM
If thats all it takes is to tear up your LCD, count me in....