View Full Version : DVD Movie Options

G. Lee Gordon
July 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I wish to make a DVD with 4 individual Quick time movies. I want them to have the option to play them separately, or seamlessly as a whole. Is there a way to do this without placing the individual movies together and using chapter markers? I am using DSP.

Robert M Wright
July 4th, 2009, 10:36 AM
You could create a menu that has 5 options.

G. Lee Gordon
July 4th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Please elaborate. On the fifth option, how would I link the 4 Quicktime files?

Robert M Wright
July 4th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Somebody that knows Macs and DVD authoring could probably help you better than I can. I haven't touched a Mac since my kids were little squirts (and I'm a grandpa now). I also don't usually do anything fancy when making a DVD. That said, with DVD authoring software that is robust enough, what you want to do is create 4 titles and 5 menu options, one of those options leading to all four titles being played, one after the other, seamlessly.

Shaun Roemich
July 4th, 2009, 10:05 PM
I think using Stories is your answer here, if you don't want to do the Chapter Markers/End Jump trick.

Never used Stories though so I can't talk you through it. Sorry.

Shaun Roemich
July 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Alternately, if you don't have much program run time, you could create 5 tracks: one for each program and one with all programs. This may be the easiest if the sum of all programs is under an hour, for example, where you would run out of maximum bitrate before you would run out of disc space.