View Full Version : Rolling Shutter/Camera Flashes....

Seth Mondragon
July 11th, 2009, 01:48 AM
So I was shooting video with MKII at a wedding tonight and there were a ton of camera flashes firing. The last wedding I shot there were also flashes but didn't seem as bad....tonight it was pretty bad.
I was told that eliminating/reducing the weird flash effect could be done by adjusting the shutter....can anybody shed some more light on this for me? The flashes on the video were pretty annoying and I would love to reduce or eliminate them.

Thanks!!

-seth

Jon Fairhurst
July 11th, 2009, 10:59 AM
So I was shooting video with MKII at a wedding tonight and there were a ton of camera flashes firing. The last wedding I shot there were also flashes but didn't seem as bad....tonight it was pretty bad.
I was told that eliminating/reducing the weird flash effect could be done by adjusting the shutter....can anybody shed some more light on this for me? The flashes on the video were pretty annoying and I would love to reduce or eliminate them.

Thanks!!

-sethYou can eliminate strobing from AC powered lighting by running 1/60 or 1/50, depending on your country, but flashes are another story.

The only way to rescue video with flashes is to blow out the frames with strobe bands in post.