View Full Version : Help with HPX301, Please:-)

Mikael Bergstrom
July 26th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Hello my friends

I have struggled for some time to get some beautiful picture out of my HPX301, especially outdoors but even indoors it seems to me that it’s more of pure luck if the pictures will be good?

The strange thing is that in the LCD display and view finder the image is crisp and sharp with beautiful colors.
But when I record and then play back the recorded file, the images is changed to something ugly and super UN sharp with noise, distorted picture and blurry (low resolution with a great loss of quality of the recorded video file after recorded in to camera)?
I’ve looked at the recorded files from the camera in my laptop and it look like crap (sorry but this is the case)?

I’ve recorded it in 0 db gain both indoors and outdoors with a perfect white and black balanced camera in both AVC-Intra 100, AVC-Intra 50, DVCPRO and SD in both PAL and NTSE (both 60/50p, 30pn/25pn and so on). I have tried all scene files and different shutter speed and with no shutter speed on.
I’ve played some HPX171 clip in the camera and those looks so good so it has something to do with the capturing the recording image?

I really need your help on this

Do you have some scene and shooter speed tips for me to start with in sun/Cloudy daylight?

Is it possible for anyone to be able to guide me in a few simple steps?

I have CineForm Prospect HD as my master codec (not for AVC-Intra yet) together with 2 x 24” Dell Pro LCD and one Pro JVC monitor.

I love what I see in the view finder and LCD and this is how it should look like after recorded on those P2 cards.

Best Regards
Mikael Bergstrom
Sweden

Jan Crittenden Livingston
July 27th, 2009, 05:36 PM
What is your playback set up to do? What are you viewing the video on as it plays back over HD-SDI? What is your edit system? Whay are you using the Cineform and on what? You really need to give us more explanation on what it is you are doing.

You say you play it back on your laptop, but with what? Which codec are you using? Which program are you using to play the video back with. This is not about settings in the camera, this is about getting the footage to look like what you saw in the VF. All else fails reset the camera User files and scene files and then you should find that the camera might be able to do what you need. You have possibly made a choice in the camera that is cramping the output, look at the Output menus, what do they say?

Why not talk to the dealer that sold it to you, most are good for a couple of questions,.

Best,

Jan