View Full Version : Mx500 tripod

Marco Mezzalana
April 29th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Hi,
it's time to change my old and shaky tripod. I would a new one that's help me to:
do camera movement without any vibration
Sometimes I would use it like a stabilizer, I found tripod can be used for steady shooting, the result it's fine...
And....not much expensive!!!

Any suggest?

In your opinion 3 legs free or 3 legs linked?Wich one is better?

Thanks

Frank Granovski
April 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM
3 legs linked is more stable, but for small MX cams look at the Manfrotto 055pro/128RC head---the 128RC head has been replaced and is all good.

Marco Mezzalana
April 29th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Ok, I think it's impossible found a good product with 40 € more or less, right? Sigh...and what do you think about a monopod?

Frank Granovski
April 29th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Even a really cheap tripod is more stable than a monopod. Why don't you search pawn shops? Second hand stores?

Marco Mezzalana
May 6th, 2004, 10:44 AM
What do you think about this tripod?It cost same as manfrotto combination ad it have fluid head:

Bescor TH-650 Industrial High Performance Tripod with Fluid Head - Supports 11 lbs

Sandra Large
May 7th, 2004, 08:13 PM
I actually have one of these but it's black and branded as Daiwa although I bought it from B&H as a Bescor. For a dirt cheap tripod I really like it (I have since upgraded rather significantly, however).

It's got a bowl head & bubble level, retractable spiked feet, separate pan & tilt locks, a clever little latch at the bottom of the spreader that, when the tripod is closed, hooks in place to keep the legs from splaying open while you carry it. It's lightweight, quick & easy to set up, and the head has as nice a feel to it as you can expect for a sub-$200 tripod.

I don't know that I can heartily recommend it as a step-up tripod, however. I think of mine more as a darn respectable, absolutely no-budget, entry level 'pod. (although in my case it actually was a step-up 'pod from an $11 garage sale special - Hey! Stop looking at me like that. It could hold the camera still!)

Good luck if you buy it. Just don't expect it to perform like a Sachtler or a Vinten.

Marco Mezzalana
May 11th, 2004, 10:04 AM
It sounds good, but I dont really want spent 200$ without test it, I Hope found one of these in a italiano shop...thanks for the reply...
My actually tripod is a 20$ russian model, with a shaky panning (semms like you record during an earthquake!!!) so I have to use it only for still shot, the cheaper professional tripod will be more useful of mine!

bye...

Frank Granovski
May 11th, 2004, 04:17 PM
...seems like you record during an earthquake!Could be good for the film look, the shaky kind. :-))

Patrick King
August 13th, 2004, 01:50 PM
<<<-- is a 20$ russian model, with a shaky panning (seems like you record during an earthquake!!!) -->>>

Is it the russian vodka or tripod creating that shaky panning. Both will work.