View Full Version : XL1s and MiniDV STandards

ZoLO_axs
November 1st, 2001, 03:28 AM
Hi!
I own a new Canon XL1s (PAL) Camera. I used it to record my videos via FireWire.
Now i wanted a MasteringStudio to master my work to DVD.
The Problem: The Studio could not read my miniDV Tapes...
(Panasonic DVCPro Player) I`ve Tested the Tapes with Sonys DCR-VX1000-E and it worked fine (works fine with all sony machines BTW)! But with pro equipment (like above mentioned Panasonic players and other machines), all i get out of the tapes are the Video informations... The Timecode and the Audio are damaged or not existent. The Video is played only with maximum Error correction...
Does Canon/Sony fit into miniDV Standarts?
Need some help.. are there possibilities to fix that Prob.? (firmware/Hardwarechanges/CaptureSettings etc...)

Thanx
ZoLO

Paul Robinson
November 1st, 2001, 04:13 AM
Yeah but hang on a tick, are you sure that the DVCpro deck accepts MiniDV tapes? They're different formats, and not all decks play all formats.

ZoLO_axs
November 1st, 2001, 04:21 AM
It shure does.. tested with MiniDV Tapes recorded with other Cameras (Panasonic, JVC...).

Nathan Gifford
November 1st, 2001, 09:00 AM
Are you using LP Mode on the XL-1S? There can be compatibility problems when using LP mode.

ZoLO_axs
November 1st, 2001, 10:45 AM
SP Mode!
didnt try LP mode yet...

Markus Bo
November 1st, 2001, 02:20 PM
I had the same problem with a Sony DVCAM/MINIDV-Player/Recorder. We still are looking for a solution. As soon as we get it I will post it.

It's strange because with tapes from the GL-1 I never had a problem.