View Full Version : I uploaded a new GS100 clip to Guy's Site, check it out!

Tavis Shaver
May 24th, 2004, 07:32 PM
http://www.fortvir.net/modules.php?set_albumName=album12&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=2

I shot this with my GS100 a couple weeks ago and chopped it together with Vegas.

It's 4.3 megs, if it's too big for your site Guy, feel free to take it down.

Kevin A. Sturges
May 24th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Very nice job with the video Tavis, but what is with the color? It looks like greyscale with green. Is that how the original footage looked?

Tavis Shaver
May 24th, 2004, 10:24 PM
The color is party from the huge amount of compression to WMV and partly from how the light was that day. The original footage is a lot brighter.

Patricia Kim
May 25th, 2004, 04:01 AM
I finally downloaded wmp9 for mac and got a chance to look at some of your footage. Pretty nice action shots of your friend on his bike. What were the shooting conditions - how bright was it and were you using any filter/hood? I ask because I noticed you got a bit of the same flare I see a lot of here in Hawaii.

Justin Boyle
May 25th, 2004, 04:49 AM
Well thanks tavis.
you have convinced me to get some footage like that myself. I have some time off soon so i will plan to go out and shoot some downhill mountainbiking or even some bmx. I will wait a while before i decide to shoot motox. will need something to protect my lens before then.
Justin

Guy Bruner
May 25th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Nice action, Tavis. Don't worry about the file size. As long as it is under 10 Meg it should be ok.

Tavis Shaver
May 25th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Patricia, It was pretty bright that day with a lot of bounce light off of the cement. I don't have a lens hood yet, i found myself in desperate need of one tho because trying to use your free hand as one sucks.

Jamie Patterson
May 26th, 2004, 03:07 AM
FYI: all the videos on my site are shot with a GS100K.
Stop by Avoidinglife.com if you are curious.

Tavis Shaver
May 26th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Actually i regularily visit your site Jamie i love your vlogs they're good stuff especially the day in the life one you did in the winter.

Too bad for you about the leafs. Are you rooting for Calgary now?

Jamie Patterson
May 26th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Actually I don't really care about hockey too much. Are the Flames in the playoffs or something?

Tavis Shaver
May 26th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Yeah, they won the first game against Tampa. That Battle Royal Story is hillarious.