View Full Version : Weddings Forum

David Phillips
June 3rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
Hi all.
It seems to me there are many of us out there who shoot wedding programmes for a living, such as we do.
How about a special section just for us where we can swap idea's and techniques etc.
We spend hours trawling the net looking for new idea's and it would be a great source of info for those who want to bring the whole concept of 'Wedding Video' into the 21st century.
Regards, Dave

Norman Woo
June 3rd, 2004, 08:02 PM
I second that ...

Cosmin Rotaru
June 4th, 2004, 09:40 AM
I third...

Christopher C. Murphy
June 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I fourth!

Please make it "Weddings and Events" though.

Josh Allen
June 4th, 2004, 10:15 AM
Great idea!

Chris Hurd
June 4th, 2004, 11:04 AM
It looks like we have over 80 discussions of various types about weddings, so I guess we could go ahead with this... you guys will make full use of it, right? I'll discuss it with the other Admin's in the meantime.

Christopher C. Murphy
June 4th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Definately! I just spent $10,000 on Wedding and Event equipment, I'll be talking!

Murph

David Phillips
June 4th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Thanks Chris.
We believe that wedding programmes have a great future, but the hardest part is getting away from the old style image, and the dreaded word, 'video'.
Our investment in new equipment is in excess of 20,000 GBP over the last 3 years and we are using new idea's that are making us one of the best wedding producers in the UK. (Our testimonials prove it). We're more than happy to share our idea's and learn from others around the world.
Let's do it!

Dave

Jamie Walker
June 7th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I just joined this board and I hope this wedding section gets done. I will be using it alot.

Jamie

Jeff Smallwood
June 7th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Yes, I feel that a wedding/event section would be very interesting, and helpfull to myself and a large portion of this forum.

Indian Ashfaq
June 8th, 2004, 04:48 AM
It would be a great idea to have a complete section only for wedding videos so that we can share our experiences and ideas at one place only.

Indian

Glen Elliott
June 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Chris, having a Wedding Videography specific forum would be great! Nowadays that's the only genre of videography I do.

It would be helpfull beings Wedding Videography differs so much from any other type of videography- it's so fast paced and unscripted.

However, if you feel it'll dilute this forum too much I wouldn't do it.

David Phillips
June 15th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Well Chris, what about it?

Chris Hurd
June 15th, 2004, 09:40 AM
It's now "before the board," in other words the concept has been presented to the other admins. I should have word for you within a day at most. Thanks,

Ken Tanaka
June 22nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Be sure to have your credit cards ready for the annual fee.

Glen Elliott
June 22nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
I'm a regular poster there. I'm there every day- however not for long...once the forum here is up...this software is sooo much better. Plus it's moderated more tightly and the members are more inteligable and less immature. I can't count how many times I see meaningless bickering over at videouniversity. Lastly, Hal is taking a while transfering the older posts to the new forum format that is around the corner so this is going to be the best bet short of the bonified Weva forums....which (btw) I don't have access to beings I haven't joined Weva yet. LONG LIVE DVinfo!

Jeff Donald
June 22nd, 2004, 08:20 PM
On behalf of the entire staff, thanks for the kind words, Glenn

Frederic Segard
June 29th, 2004, 02:36 PM
The wedding forum will be a great new feature to DV Info. I was planning on expanding my horizons from corporate videography to wedding and other event videography. I personally believe that my neck of the woods is ripe with this market.

So having the potential wealth of information in a wedding forum based here at DV Info would be priceless.

Glen Elliott
June 29th, 2004, 02:45 PM
It's funny you say that because many wedding videographers are looking to do the exact opposite- move to corporate video.

Chris Hurd
July 24th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Here it is, finally -- and we thought it should be open to all types of non-repeatable events, such as theater, recitals, etc. Have at it!

Glen Elliott
July 24th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Great! Thank you Chris and staff!