View Full Version : Does the HM700 come with a AB Power Tap?

Jon Springer
August 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
Can anyone tell me if the GY-HM700u has an Anton Bauer "power tap" incorporated into its Anton Bauer battery mount? This is usually used to power a sun gun to the top of the camera. Thanks!

Tim Dashwood
August 14th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Yes it does. It is a standard AB Gold Mount plate.

Jon Springer
August 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Yes it does. It is a standard AB Gold Mount plate.

Awsome news. Thanks Tim.

Bob Richardson
August 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Yes it does have a "D"-shaped two-pin connector on the main battery mounting plate, and a little power switch down underneath the main plate (good to know in advance!). I just used it last night with a rented Litepanels Mini LED spotlight, and it worked fine.

Shaun Roemich
August 14th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Further to the switch: this decides whether or not the D-Tap provides power all the time OR just when the record section is engaged. This is a good way to keep the light off when not in actual use (ie. recording, not in standby)

James McBoyle
August 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
Just as an FYI the European HM700, which comes with an IDX plate, also has a power tap socket available.

Steve Cottrell
August 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Just as an FYI the European HM700, which comes with an IDX plate, also has a power tap socket available.

Which poses the question - is it possible to get a European HM700 with a AB Gold mount? I run AB power and am curious. There obviously are adapter plates but as I discovered using one on the back of a DSR450, they are a weak point that would better be eliminated...

Cotty

Eric Deyerler
August 16th, 2009, 01:44 AM
you can change the plate from V-Mount to AB-Plate. Thats no problem.