View Full Version : Simple "cuts only" AVCHD-capable software?

Graham Hickling
August 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Has anyone come across a freeware or shareware app that can trim the ends off an avchd clip and output the selected portion as a new clip (without recompressing?).

Boilsoft's Video Splitter will do this for mp4 clips, but I haven't be able to get it working on mts clips.

Martin Nilsson
August 18th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Perhaps multiAVCHD, tsmuxer, or tsremux may be useful?

Graham Hickling
August 19th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Indeed - thanks!

Jeff Kellam
August 26th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Has anyone come across a freeware or shareware app that can trim the ends off an avchd clip and output the selected portion as a new clip (without recompressing?).

Boilsoft's Video Splitter will do this for mp4 clips, but I haven't be able to get it working on mts clips.

Not really freeware, but dont many cameras come with a simple app like that?

Graham Hickling
August 26th, 2009, 02:11 PM
Not necessarily, when you buy one cheap on EBay :)

Jim Snow
August 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
If you didn't get the software that came with the camera, you might be able to download it from the camera manufacturer's web site. If not, you might able to contact support and get it.

Graham Hickling
August 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
It's a Canon HF10, and the only Pixela software available for download from their site an update, which requires the base version to already be installed.

I believe it is available for purchase, but since the forum comments on the software are generally quite dire, I figured there might better alternatives. I also have a Samsung HMX-104 and a Creative Vado, which both produce h.264 footage, so one application that can handle all of them would be ideal.

Jim Snow
August 29th, 2009, 12:21 PM
It's a Canon HF10, and the only Pixela software available for download from their site an update, which requires the base version to already be installed.

I believe it is available for purchase, but since the forum comments on the software are generally quite dire, I figured there might better alternatives. I also have a Samsung HMX-104 and a Creative Vado, which both produce h.264 footage, so one application that can handle all of them would be ideal.

Sounds like a good idea. Most of the software that comes with cameras is a bit on the "lean" side.