View Full Version : Anyone noticed PSD NG Error code?

Rush Hamden
June 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM
I have had one complaint about this gyro motor error in DVXuser.com. Panasonic has been notified, and this is an easily repairable issue with only 5 known cases. Has anyone else experienced this error? Please post.

Jarred Land
July 2nd, 2004, 01:06 PM
ive been told of 3 cases.. seems like a small percentage.

Rush Hamden
July 2nd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks Jarred.

Veljko Roskar
March 10th, 2005, 10:24 AM
We bought a spare AG-DVX100 14 months ago and never used it.

Well, our main camera needed service so I started up the spare and immediately the WARNING PSD NG error came on.

It does not matter whether OIS is on or not, and I pressed the reset button with no effect.

I guess this won't be under warranty since we bought it too long ago.

Who should I call for service if this is a known problem with new cameras?

Thanks.

Also see this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34125

Veljko Roskar
March 10th, 2005, 10:27 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Rush Hamden : I have had one complaint about this gyro motor error in DVXuser.com. Panasonic has been notified, and this is an easily repairable issue with only 5 known cases. Has anyone else experienced this error? Please post. -->>>

Actually, the manul says the PSD NG camera system problem indicates a problem with camera shake detection.

The GYRO NG warning warns of a problem with camera shake compensation control.

Veljko Roskar
March 22nd, 2005, 04:32 PM
Well, just got a quote for repair of the PSD NG error by Professional Audio & Video Service of Houston, an authorized Panasonic broadcast repair center.

>$2100!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, this camera was never even used and showed the error when we first turned it on!

Anyone have a recommendation on dealing with Panasonic to extend the warranty?

<<<-- Originally posted by Veljko Roskar : We bought a spare AG-DVX100 14 months ago and never used it.

Well, our main camera needed service so I started up the spare and immediately the WARNING PSD NG error came on.

It does not matter whether OIS is on or not, and I pressed the reset button with no effect.

I guess this won't be under warranty since we bought it too long ago.

Who should I call for service if this is a known problem with new cameras?

Thanks.

Also see this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34125 -->>>

Bryant Bush
May 30th, 2005, 02:00 AM
I had the problem about a week ago. It didn't seem to have any effect except making it difficult to see what I was shooting. Then it went away. Two days ago, however, it came back and I can't get rid of it. I hope it's not $2100 to fix. I bought the camera a few months ago on ebay so there's no warranty. I guess I'm just screwed.

Veljko Roskar
May 31st, 2005, 07:34 AM
I emailed and faxed Panasonic's Pro division customer service and faxed them as well -- no reply after 8 weeks.

Since I did not want to pay $2100 for the repair, I asked the service shop to disable the mechanism and the blinking PSD NG. They looked into it but couldn't disable just that warning.

I guess we'll just have to live with it, and not do any handheld shots.

If anyone else gets a quote for repair of the PDS NG WARNING that's significantly lower than $2100, please post details here.

Thanks.

Andrew A. Smith
October 16th, 2007, 09:03 AM
It is happening to my DVX100a with only 54 hours.Comes and goes.Works fine otherwise.Was wondering if anybody found a fix for this?

Veljko Roskar
October 16th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Nope. We're just using the camera on a tripod. I wish I could turn off the flashing error sign though.

Daniel Lang
October 22nd, 2007, 03:56 PM
Nope. We're just using the camera on a tripod. I wish I could turn off the flashing error sign though.

I had this problem and it didn't cost anywhere near 2100 dollars. Go to these guys they know what they're doing. Sorry you have to deal with this, I know personally what a headache it is. Here is the post good luck

MRFilm,

We see this problem often. It usually requires a ribbon cable re-enforcement panel (hence the bulletin). Sometimes though, we have found that the bulletin isn't always the problem. We have a repair process that we perform to the lens. Those two things work about 95% of the time. The other 5% we need to change out the entire lens assembly. VERY rare though!

NOTE: You need to make sure that your service center has all of the collimation software and jigs to perform the needed back-focus adjustments before they estimate for lens replacement! If not, than your gonna get a blurry DVX back!

Best regards,

Andrew Hoffman
Senior Operations Manager
Specialized Communications Corp.
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
800-359-1858
Fax: 301-790-0173
andrewh@spec-comm.com

Veljko Roskar
October 22nd, 2007, 04:00 PM
Fantastic. I'll get a quote asap. Thanks for posting. I guess my authorized service center leaves something to be desired.

Veljko

Veljko Roskar
January 15th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Well I just spoke to specialized communications and they no longer work on the AG-DVX100 camera. They referred me to Panasonic at 800-524-1448, who referred us (here in texas) to their Leawood, KS repair center. Too bad.

If anyone has a service bulleting, it'd be nice to get.

Veljko Roskar
January 29th, 2008, 05:18 PM
So we shipped the unit to Panasonic. $330 later, for:
CLEAN LENS CONNECTIONS, INSTALL PHYSICAL UPGRADE, UPDATE FIRMWARE, FUNCTIONALITY CHECK, CLEANING
we get the camera back and guess what? The darn PSD NG error pops up again.

So I call Panasonic service at 800-491-9986. The nice guy who answered immediately, says it can happen, because the "physical upgrade" is a piece of foam or something to make the contacts in the lens connect better to the camera body. So the problem can be intermittent (it never was for me, ie the PSD NG error never went away in any circumstance).

He said to send it in at their cost but warns me that our camera may need a whole new lens assembly , part number VXW0565 (https://www.ued.net/ued/addItems.do?itemCode=MSCVXW0565) at ~$500 (their cost).

Mind you, this is a camera that indicates less than 1 hour of use.