View Full Version : Local Television Production Forum?

Eric Watson
July 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Hello,

I am a new member to DVinfo. I am a television producer in Dallas, Texas. I wanted to know if there is a forum(s) or thread(s) here dedicated to local television production. I've seen similar forums for weddings, video litigation, DV editing, sound, cameras, business, etc. at this site. I've tried multiple search criteria but to no avail.

Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance.

E. Watson

Jeff Donald
July 1st, 2004, 04:57 PM
Could you elaborate a little more on what the forum you envision would encompass?

Owen Dawe
August 17th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Hi Eric

I work in local tv production as well. Allthough a special forum for this may sound great it may be difficult for them to manage as many aspects are covered in other forums and threads.

Is there a particular problem you have? There is a slim chance I could help.

All the best and have fun.

Owen

Eric Watson
August 17th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Hello Owen,

I don't have a specific problem. I would just like to either see a platform here or maybe discover one that's out in the internet somewhere. As you mentioned earlier, the subject matter can be so vast that you'd need subcategories of subcatergories.

Being a producer, I would just like to here what other producers are up to in the world.

Thanks for following up.

Eric.

Ken Tanaka
August 17th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Have you ever looked at TV Spy (http://www.tvspy.com/)? It's not really a technical venue. In fact, it's more gossipy than technical. But it's a long-standing dealing principally with what you're seeking. It also features some employment information.