View Full Version : Question on Kino Flo lamps

Nick Medrano
July 23rd, 2004, 04:24 PM
Hey guys,
I'm about to purchase the following from BH:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=258151&is=REG

It's a Kino Flo 400 Flourescent Light Kit and I have two main questions:

1.) I know nothing about lamps for this kit. What do I get and what should I look for? What are "True Match 3200K" lamps and what are "True Match 5500K" lamps? Do I need both?

2.) Does this kit come with a stand for the Kino Flo?

Thanks.

Barry Green
July 23rd, 2004, 07:16 PM
It's a Kino Flo 400 Flourescent Light Kit and I have two main questions:

1.) I know nothing about lamps for this kit. What do I get and what should I look for? What are "True Match 3200K" lamps and what are "True Match 5500K" lamps? Do I need both?

2.) Does this kit come with a stand for the Kino Flo?

3200k lamps simulate the look of tungsten lighting instruments. 5500k lamps simulate the look of daylight lighting instruments. You want a full set of both.

No stand is included.

But before you spring for a Foto-Flo kit, might I suggest you look at the Diva 400 instead? It's much more compact, brighter, dimmable, more rugged for travel, and no more expensive.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=258599&is=REG

Nick Medrano
July 23rd, 2004, 07:21 PM
Hey Barry,
The one you suggested is actually the one that I was looking for! Don't know how I mixed it up with the other one.

Okay....Barry...can you link me to the exact bulbs that I need for this kit? I'll return the favor by being sure to purchase your Anamorphic guide when I get the Anamorphic adapter soon.

Barry Green
July 23rd, 2004, 07:27 PM
Look no further... go to the page I linked, and look down under "recommended accessories". They'll take you right to the lamps you want! :)

Nick Medrano
July 23rd, 2004, 10:03 PM
Yea, that's what I get for watching a nail-biting baseball game and trying to look over the Kino FLos on B&H at the same time.

Thanks.

Mel Williams
April 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Hi Nick,
Just wondering how you like your Kino Flo Diva 400? I'm thinking about getting one too.

What other lights do you have that compliments the Kino Flo Diva?

Thanks,
Mel