View Full Version : Canon Xl-1 tape worn't load!

Anders Floe
August 21st, 2004, 08:43 AM
I have you made a stop-motion film. To avoid my camera from going into standby-mode I left the tape ejected. It stood lige that with the power on for about 5 hours straight. On top of that I had a redhead pointing just in front of the camera. So it get a little hot. Then after the 5 hours I wanted to load a tape. But I can't the camera worn't load the tape. I can press it in like normal but the camera just doesn't do anything. I have experienced this before after using the camera in a very moisty enviroment. But I just put it aside for a day with the tape door open, and the next day the problem disappeared! But it worn't disapper this time!
I have sent the camera to canon-service every year since I bought it!

Do you know this problem?? Do you have any solutions???

Thanks

Jeff Donald
August 21st, 2004, 09:06 AM
Are you pressing the metal tape carrier until it locks then closing the plastic outer door?

Anders Floe
August 21st, 2004, 11:07 AM
No, it worn't even lock in to place. It just goes right out again after pressing it in. I worn't close the outer tape door before it is locked into place. - Makes sense??????

James Emory
August 24th, 2004, 10:06 AM
If you had the tape ejected, how did you record the stop motion? In the future if you have a tape loaded and want to defeat the shutdown, only close the outer door, the transport won't engage and the camera will stay on forever. This accomplishes what you want and also keeps out dust and/or moisture.

Anders Floe
September 1st, 2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah nice tip! Too late though. Damn, I will have to pay for a repair again and it is SO expensive!

Thanks for the help guys!