View Full Version : Stereo1/16bit flash

Michael Estepp
August 24th, 2004, 09:54 PM
I am trying to capture into vegas off of my GL2. The tape plays in the camera, but not on the computer. I have tried other tapes, and they work. With this tape that wont, the camera flashes stereo 1 and 16 bit. Does anyone know what this means or has any suggestions?

Michael Estepp
Mestep@optonline.net

Michael Estepp
August 24th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Certain tapes play in the camera, and certain ones don't. I don't understand.

Ken Tanaka
August 24th, 2004, 11:00 PM
What camera was used to record these tapes and what recording mode was used on those tapes?

Michael Estepp
August 26th, 2004, 12:37 AM
The camera used to record these tapes was the Sony PDX10... and come to think of it, I have had this problem before - and capturing off the PDX10 solved the problem - but whats that about? Not sure what speed it was recorded at.

Ken Tanaka
August 26th, 2004, 01:20 AM
That you don't know the particulars about how the PDX-10 recorded the tapes is precisely what's biting you in the caboose. Generally, recording in LP mode can lead to playback incompatibilities between cameras and decks. But it's more likely that the tapes may have been recorded in Sony's DVCAM format which is proprietary to Sony cameras and incompatible with your GL2.

Michael Estepp
August 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM
That is terrible... Luckily I still have access to the PDX10... that is mean of Sony...

Thank you for the information