View Full Version : Your video setting for short movie production

Marco Iannaccone
August 30th, 2004, 04:35 AM
I'm very curious to know which settings you use with XM2 for short movie production, for getting the most natural film look (als in prevision of later post processing), and why.

I've done many tests, and am now using sharpness: -3, frame mode, shooting 4/3 with 16/9 bands (adding 16/9 bars in post), usually executing a "correct" white balance (eventually color correcting in post production), with color phase, setup and gain all set to 0, and always using 0 dB gain, and 1/50s shutter speed.

Thanx

Miguel Lombana
August 30th, 2004, 08:58 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Marco Iannaccone : I'm very curious to know which settings you use with XM2 for short movie production, for getting the most natural film look (als in prevision of later post processing), and why.

I've done many tests, and am now using sharpness: -3, frame mode, shooting 4/3 with 16/9 bands (adding 16/9 bars in post), usually executing a "correct" white balance (eventually color correcting in post production), with color phase, setup and gain all set to 0, and always using 0 dB gain, and 1/50s shutter speed.

Thanx -->>>

marco I've been running -1 sharp and + 1 setup with everything else 0 in my config and I'm quite pleased with this.