View Full Version : Service for VX2000

Mr Ready
September 8th, 2004, 12:22 PM
I have had my vx2000 for about 3 years now and it appears that my heads need to be relaced, I've occasionaly gotten the venitian blind look, and would like to get it cleaned and inspected at the same time. I spoke with a company in Seattle named Videotech services that can do the job for around $400.00

I'd like to know if anyone on the forum has done bussiness with them or has any other suggestions. I'd rather deal with someone in person as opposed to mailing my camera out.The closest large metro area to me is Las Vegas.

Thanks for any help on this

Mark

Mike Hanlon
September 8th, 2004, 12:54 PM
I need to get my VX2000 serviced as well and was just looking into it. According to their service web site, Sony charges a $461 flat rate for whatever the repairs are.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I have more confidence in having it done by Sony than by Joe's Video Repair.

What are folks experiences with VX2000 repair places?

Mr Ready
September 8th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Thanks for the info Mike, I did contact Sony the only isuues with having them do the service/repair is that it takes 10-14 days for them to turn it around. I'm in the middle of a project that needs completion before that.

Carlos E. Martinez
September 9th, 2004, 03:03 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Mr Ready : Thanks for the info Mike, I did contact Sony the only isuues with having them do the service/repair is that it takes 10-14 days for them to turn it around. I'm in the middle of a project that needs completion before that. -->>>

Better late than sorry!

Do that job with Sony and get a camera for your completion.

Carlos

Mike Rehmus
September 9th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Armatos in NYC do a good job and may be able to turn it around faster.

I'm not trying to sound smug but turn-around on the 150/170 is at least twice as fast as that. Just a diff between the two repair departments. An issue to consider if you have the $ to make a choice.