View Full Version : How many GG patents?

Haris Sarajlic
October 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Can anyone tell me, how many patented optical adapters do we have out there?

1. P+S Technik mini 35 & pro35
2. Movie tube
3.?

Anyone knows??

Nicholi Brossia
October 3rd, 2004, 05:48 PM
I tried looking this up a while ago, and there are a bunch. It would probably be difficult to obtain a new patent because, not only are the adapters and systems patented, so are the procedures for grinding glass. Then, like most other patents, each description is so vague that it incompases a lot of possible products. This is probably why the mini35 and MOVIEtube are "patent pending."

Of course, you can always do a search (http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html) to find possible room for your patent.

Richard Alvarez
October 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM
And don't forget, patents that are rejected, can be appealed.

Leigh Wanstead
October 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM
What country does PRO35 related patent apply? I assume Germany of course. What about USA etc? Where can I find out that information?

TIA
Leigh

Bob Hart
October 3rd, 2004, 08:03 PM
Viable patent or not, you need to examine whether it is an affordable option for you to defend yourself in court.

It can be that whoever has the biggest food bowl wins, even if they ultimately lose in court.

Sometimes the cost of losing over a prolonged timeframe is factored into the overall cost of doing business and staying in the game.

In a very recent decision, the product did not even need to have a patent.

Judgement in favor of the intellectual property rights holder was conferred on the basis of the product being successfully plead as being a work of art and protected under copyright law.

If you really don't want to attract the attention of intellectual property rights holders who may begin to feel threatened, enquiries and offers might more wisely be made via discreet emails rather than a public forum.

Dietmar Zonewicz
October 5th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Germany of course.

P+S Technik had patented the principle, and uses it for the mini35 and the PRO35.

I have the patent as a pdf found on the internet.

Dietmar

Leigh Wanstead
October 5th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Dear Dietmar,

Thanks for the reply.

What about other country, i.e. USA?

Regards
Leigh