View Full Version : Demo reel music question

Pages : 1 [2]

Matthew Cherry
October 17th, 2004, 01:09 AM
LMAO. I don't have a reel... I'm actually working on my first short now. It's not really a short. I just bought a light kit and have been trying to learn how to use it - thought I'd try to light like film noir. Well next think you know I'm filming stuff and figure I might as well make a scene so I can practice cutting it. A few days later and now I'm scoring it....

It's stupid, but it is fun.

Matt

Josh Bass
October 17th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Ok, well, when you DO have a reel, either a) don't use music you don't have permission for or b) stay away from Jeff and Dylan, as they will beat you severely with the arm they've just ripped off of you.

Matthew Cherry
October 17th, 2004, 11:21 AM
Come on now, we can all play nice. If everyone thought the same way the world would be a terribly boring place.

When I say I'm scoring it I mean just that. I've brought the DV into Cubase SX and now I'm writing the music. Just finished the intro at about 4:00AM This morning I cleaned up the DV audio and now I have to write a little walking music...

Nothing fancy you understand I'm just having some fun. When I'm done, I'll post it.

Rick Bravo
October 17th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Well Jeff...that's your opinion and we all know what they say about opinions.

I'll take the Pepsi Challenge with anyone on this board when it comes to character, ethics, (work or otherwise) and morals, anytime.

I'm just not that uptight or anal when it comes to judging people. And once again, you are using an analogy where people's safety and well being are at stake, how can you even bring up drinking and driving with using music for your reel in the same breath? It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Anyway, this is just like discussing religion and politics, there are no clear cut winners. The bottom line is that we all have to live with ourselves and what we are. The only judge that matters is the BIG GUY when the time comes.

RB