View Full Version : VL-7 light compatible with XM-2?

Hagop Matossian
August 29th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know if the VL-7 is compatible with the XM-2? it looks about the same size as the VL-3, but it has two pins poking out the front which suggest it wouldn't fit into the XM-2's accessory shoe.

cheers

Chris Hurd
August 30th, 2002, 12:08 PM
Sorry, not at all compatible with the XM2/GL2. The reason is as you suspect, the pin layout prevents the light from properly attaching to the camera.

Hagop Matossian
August 30th, 2002, 02:05 PM
rats. theres one goin on ebay.co.uk for £5.

There's also a VL-10 but I'm not sure if I wanna buy a light that needs a separate battery and charger.

Chris Hurd
September 1st, 2002, 01:43 AM
The VL10i actually uses the exact same batt and charger as your XM2. However, I think it's kinda big and bulky compared to a VL3, with only a seven watt difference between the two lights.

Hagop Matossian
September 1st, 2002, 05:24 AM
Oh I see! Maybe if they hand't given the batteries names like 'BP-945' I might have realised!

Still I have a motto of not bidding for anything on ebay unless I have handled the product and deifinitely want it. I have never used either the VL-3 or VL-10 and would like to compare them on out my XM-2. i am also currently £700 in debt due to purchase of said camera..!