View Full Version : Bogen 505

Mark Williams
November 8th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know it the ball portion of the 505 detaches so it can be mounted on a flat base w/ 3/8" thread? No help found on the Bogan website.

Thanks,

Mark

Allen Brodsky
November 9th, 2004, 08:01 AM
I can't answer your question but the Bogen website allows you to email questions to Bogen support. They respond in less than a day. I've used this, and recommend it as a way to get accurate info on Bogen products.

Richard Lewis
November 10th, 2004, 10:49 AM
If it works anything like the 503, then there should be 3 tiny screws holding it in place, under the ball. Remove these, and then simply twist the head off the ball.

Ed Liew
November 10th, 2004, 10:59 AM
they sell an adaptor for mounting ball head to a flat base tripod. not sure what the code was. i would agree with richard on removing the ball as a better option if its to be mounted on the particular tripod only.

ed

Kevin James
November 9th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Dead thread back again!

Has anyone discovered a way to remove the ball from this head?

Tim Brown
November 9th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Old thread indeed.

I don't have mine with me, but if you can wait a few hours I can check when I get home.

Tim

Tim Brown
November 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Checked it out and it seems that the only way it's coming off is if it's something you didn't want to happen, or if one were to send it back to Bogen to have them remove it. Either way, I think it is certainly more trouble than it is worth.

Kevin James
November 13th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Tim!