View Full Version : WMA files dark in ProCoder Express

Thomas Kendrick
November 28th, 2004, 11:05 PM
I've posted a message to the ProCoder forum at Canopus but havent' gotten any bites..so maybe someone here has an idea.

I've been working with Procoder Express and it's doing a GREAT job with converting an uncompressed .avi to .mpg2 or .mov . So far, though, I'm getting very dark results with the same source file in wma format. The movie is unwatchable in this format so far. I'd like to get this to work so I can put some clips up on a web site.

Anyone here use Procoder Express to do windows media conversions?

Thanks.

Tommy

Rob Lohman
November 29th, 2004, 03:44 AM
WMA is an *audio* format. I assume you mean WMV? What kind
of settings are you using? It sounds like it is doing some sort
f gamma or IRE correction that it should not do. Have you checked
the manual?

Thomas Kendrick
November 29th, 2004, 07:28 AM
<<<-- Originally posted by Rob Lohman : WMA is an *audio* format. I assume you mean WMV? What kind
of settings are you using? It sounds like it is doing some sort
f gamma or IRE correction that it should not do. Have you checked
the manual? -->>>

Whoops...yes, my bad, WMV. The manual...well that's not much. Mostly a tutorial on how to use the wizards. Pretty flimsy.

I'm using the 'best quality' settings where possible. I'll keep playing and see what I come up with.

Thanks.

tommy

Dan Euritt
November 29th, 2004, 12:57 PM
are you viewing both the uncompressed avi and the encoded footage on the same monitor? if so, they should appear roughly the same, if your procoder app has not been set up to tweak the gamma.

Thomas Kendrick
November 29th, 2004, 10:36 PM
<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Euritt : are you viewing both the uncompressed avi and the encoded footage on the same monitor? if so, they should appear roughly the same, if your procoder app has not been set up to tweak the gamma. -->>>

Yes, same monitor. I'm still learning the Procoder Express...not sure there is a gamma setting, but I'll keep looking.

Thanks.

Tommy

Mike Rehmus
November 29th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Send Canopus support an email directly. The forums are good but they aren't as good as the support you paid for when you bought the product.