View Full Version : Beachtek adapter for the VX2000

Maureen Futtner
January 10th, 2005, 06:49 PM
Currently own a trv-950 WITH a beachtek "universal" xlr adapter. I see that there is a different beachtek xlr adapter for vx 2000's - am I going to need to buy a new one of these, as well if I upgrade to that camcorder? Was hoping to simply use the "universal" adapter I currently have.

Any wisdom on this would be most appreciated.

Joe Gioielli
January 11th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Maureen, I don't know for certain ,but I thought I share my thoughts.

I went to the beachtek site and I couldn't find the "universal" model, so I compared the products they had on offer. It seems they make a small size unit and a large unit. The large units are all the same, the only difference is the number and types of inputs and outputs. I mean the "guts of the units seem to be the same.

So the box for the XL1 is the same as the one for the VX except that it has RCA plugs instead of a mini jack.

I would suspect that it you have a full size box it would work. The VX has an issue. Not a bad thing, just a thing. The audio jack sends a little power down the line. It is supposed to do this. (This is not the audio PROBLEM that some VXs had. That was a design flaw.) But that little bit of juice can cause problems if your equipment isn't designed to handle it. I don't think it would blow it up or anything, but you will get hum. You'll know something is wrong.

Now, if you have the one of "palm" sized units, the specs are different. I don't know if it will work.

First, I'd call them - 416-690-9457. I do not own any of their products but the people who do think very highly of them. I really don't think they would lie to you. If they tell you you need a new one, well, the cost of doing business. You can always sell the old one off. Or just keep it and use it with the old camera. Better too much than too little.

Let us know how it works out.

Tom Hardwick
January 12th, 2005, 03:16 AM
My VX2000E works well with the Beachtek DXA-4, and I'm guessing that this is the 'universal' one you speak of Maureen. I tend to agree with Joe, and think your Beachtec will work well on the VX range.

tom.