View Full Version : Disc image file v.s. DVD folder

William LiPera
September 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
Is there an advantage 1) creating an iso first and then burning a dvd, or 2)creating a dvd folder first then burning a dvd or 3) burning a dvd directly, using with the same project of course. What is the difference? Currently using dvd workshop 2. Thanks

Edward Carlson
September 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
I always use a disc image because it allows me to know exactly where my finished DVD is in case I need to burn another, it avoids problems if I accidently delete a file that the DVD project uses (ie a thumbnail or audio clip), and it allows for faster burning of another copy. I use an image rather than a DVD folder because I have software to do multiple copies of a disc directly from a disc image, and I can play the disc image as a regular DVD in my computer's DVD player application.

Rob Neidig
September 9th, 2009, 09:26 AM
I, too, normally burn an image first, for all the above reasons. Plus I also discovered that some brands of DVD-Rs (well at least one brand - TDK non-printables) will not burn directly out of Adobe Encore. But if you make an image first, then burn the disc, they work fine. Go figure. Anyway, I agree having an image first is better.

Have fun!

Rob