View Full Version : Girls in bikinis on ice blocks...

Charles Papert
January 19th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Well, I'm sure I got the attention of the overwhelmingly male readership of the DVinfo.net...!

A few months back I dayplayed Steadicam on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Video reality TV show; a bunch of young models in a house--how original--competing for a spot in the S.I. swimsuit issue. It was not what I would call an artistically fulfilling gig perhaps, but it obviously had its perks. Most of the shoots that I was called in for were the elimination ceremonies; however tonight's episode (on NBC) featured a "test" for the young ladies; to simulate the physical hardships working models must endure while posing in the cold night air or something, a "Winter Wonderland" set was assembled in a walk-in freezer and the gamine gals posed, in bikinis, perched atop huge blocks of ice.

Gentlemen, enjoy...

Richard Alvarez
January 19th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Charles,

It's the professionalism of pros like you, willing to take on the truly difficult tasks, that simply moves me to tears...

Charles Papert
January 19th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Richard, I bore down and got through it. Hey, it was sort of chilly in that freezer!

Rick Bravo
January 19th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I really have to admire someone that would, without regard for his personal well being, TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM!

GODSPEED!

RB

John Sandel
January 19th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Wait, tell us again about the ...perks.

It was cold in there, right?

js

John Hudson
January 19th, 2005, 11:27 PM
Nice Charles. What was up with Diva Brunette ?

Charles Papert
January 20th, 2005, 12:01 AM
That's pretty much the way it happened. Yikes.

I'm a Shannon fan, myself.

Rick Roseman
January 20th, 2005, 05:31 AM
Do you receive any sort of "hazardous duty" pay for that?

You could have put an eye out! :o)

"It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it."

Greg Boston
January 20th, 2005, 09:27 AM
This may have been the first time Charles ever had two 'steadicams' going at the same time. The electro-mechanical one, and the biological one. ;-)

=gb=

Christopher C. Murphy
January 20th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Charles can I be your intern??

Charles Papert
January 20th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Well, I've got one more day with this one; they've booked me for the big finale to be shot Feb. 4th, after America votes on the two finalists (since it's electronic voting, there's plenty of opportunity to tamper with the results--sorry, couldn't resist).

I'll see if I can take a couple of photos of the goings-on especially for the gang here.