View Full Version : DVC Pro

Jeff Mack
March 28th, 2005, 11:25 AM
A new question from a newbie. I am interested in creating DVD's with 5.1 surround of music concerts. My first goal is to start a new business that takes a hobby professional. I can handle all of this but in my data gathering, I see there is a need for my product (HD Material) with several HD networks. I am told that they will take my product in DVC Pro format either on tape of in Final Cut format. I'm a PC user and I am trying to not have to CONVERT. I was/am going the route of Z-1's to film with. Does anyone have a suggestion that best to go to DVC Pro?

Jeff

Peter Jefferson
March 29th, 2005, 09:30 AM
hire a dvcpro deck and record your project straight to tape..

thats what i do if im not working with dvcpro50 native material...
with native stuff, i usually go down to the studio with my project in a lacie removable drive.

as for 5.1, well theres not many NLEs that can do this properly. Vegas is prolly the most powerful (yup.. even more powerful than nuendo and blows liquid 6 out of the water.. ) but not many broadcasters will accept a standalone ac3 without metadata to tie the file to its parent video. Forget puttin it on tape, its not gonna happen for 5.1 projects.
i provide a finished avi in raw format as well as its accompanying ac3 file. that usualy works for me