View Full Version : Chris, you going to set up a DVCProInfo at all?

Aaron Koolen
April 4th, 2005, 05:33 PM
I'm just wondering, especially now that the new Panasonic announcement is on the horizon, if you're going to do this like you have with DVInfo, and HDVInfo?

I think it could be an awesome resource.

Aaron

Chris Hurd
April 4th, 2005, 11:20 PM
What do y'all think. Should I do it?

After all there's the mighty DVX User already. But if you think there's room for even more... just let me know right here.

Shannon Rawls
April 4th, 2005, 11:52 PM
Naw, I don't think so. What's next?
HDCAMinfo?
XDCAMinfo?
etc...

I think DVINFO.NET is perfect for DIGITAL VIDEO
I think you should keep HDVINFO.NET for HIGH DEFINITION VIDEO

Perfect pair. DVINFO can carry all forms of Digital Video (DV25, DVCPRO, DVCAM, DigiBeta, etc....) HDVinfo can carry all forms of High Definition Video (HDCAM, XDCAM, DVCPROHD, HDV, HDVPRO, etc...), not just HDV.

That's what "I" would do. I would use your two current domains for the "Info" pages like you have been doing. THEN. if I were you I would get a "NEW" domain for the discussion board ... like "VideoTALK.net" or "TalkVideo.net or soemthing that says "Video" (cause thats what this is) and someting that indicates it's a discussion board (cause thats what it'll be).

But your current names are cool!

- ShannonRawls.com

Aaron Koolen
April 5th, 2005, 12:15 AM
Yeah, my suggesting of a DVCPRoInfo was due to the fact that the panasonic cams are not HDV...But I understand how it could get all crazy if not kept under control. That said, HDCAm and XDCAm are not prosumer formats, which is why only now would I have mentioned DVCPro. Before it was a different ball game, but now they're all competing formats within the same market.

Whether it's part of HDVInfo or a separate one I don't mind, but me for one am interested in Panasonic's cameras and would like a really good resource. Of course, yes, as mentioned there is DVXUser which is also great and I don't meant to step on anyone's toes, but I think the more info the merrier.

Aaron

Jan Crittenden Livingston
April 5th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Hi Chris,

I think that your site offers something that the others don't. Maybe we should converse over one of those Dove Ice Cream Bar lunches that I have in LV. I think you bring an added touch of sanity. Bless you for that.

Best,

Jan

Luis Caffesse
April 5th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Here here!
I second that emotion.

And for the record, I would agree that there is no need for yet another website. I think you've got a good thing going right here, no need to thin it out more.

Just my 2 cents.

Jason Brunner
April 5th, 2005, 09:28 PM
If you did put all the HD formats together maybe call it just "HDinfo" since a variety of formats, including film to video tranfer film can be HD. HDV sounds dedicated to that format.
But whatever is happens it will be great. I love this board.

Thanks for being here. Really, thanks. It has become an huge resource for my situation. And big thanks to Jan from Panasonic and other participating industry people as well.

Chris Hurd
April 5th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Mmmm... ice cream.... rraaawwwrrr...

Sanity... slipping... brainfreeze... fading.

Jesse Bekas
April 5th, 2005, 10:59 PM
I don't really understand the split of Hi Def and Standard Def DV, website-wise...I mean it's all DIGITAL VIDEO, right?

I guess as long the message board stays unified, it doesn't really matter how many frontpages there are, but I think it should all be condensed. I'm sure you could find a good buyer for HDVInfo, Chris....Sony? ;)

Steev Dinkins
April 6th, 2005, 03:09 AM
I agree with Jesse. Differing front site domain names are cool, but splitting off the community would sacrifice it's strength at this point, in my opinion.

To me, DV, in the context of this community, means Digital Video.

Chris Hurd
April 6th, 2005, 08:17 AM
No worries there. No matter what happens we'd never split the community.

Mathieu Ghekiere
April 6th, 2005, 08:35 AM
Thank God :-D

Chris Hurd
April 16th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Well, what the heck. Here you go: P2 Info Net (http://www.p2info.net/).