View Full Version : New Article On The Ag-hvx200

Michael Pappas
April 28th, 2005, 06:27 PM
I just finished and submitted a new article. About the AG-HVX200.
I linked for you to read. Enjoy!

Titled:

Do AG-HVX200's dream of optical enlightenment
Well, maybe not yet, But...........

Article Link:

http://www.pbase.com/aghvx200/do_hvx200s_dream_of_lenses

Patrick King
April 28th, 2005, 07:31 PM
Michael,

If you haven't already published it, you should try to recall the article. Your third sentence is "JVC for all intense purposes has took Canon's thunder away." Unfortunately for you, the actual phrase that you were trying to invoke is "for all intents and purposes", and then of course it should have been "taken" instead of "took". Correctly stated: "JVC has, for all intents and purposes, taken Canon's thunder."

There are quite a few other grammatical and punctuation errors which really need to be cleaned up in order for your positive spin on this review to captivate the reader.

Best of luck.

Michael Pappas
April 28th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Sorry about that! With six articles in stream, you get mixed up sometimes. we caught that about ten mintues ago though.

Though Patrick thank you for the human grammar checker,

The FIX

""JVC has, for all intents and purposes, stolen Canon's thunder.""

Michael,

If you haven't already published it, you should try to recall the article. Your third sentence is "JVC for all intense purposes has took Canon's thunder away." Unfortunately for you, the actual phrase that you were trying to invoke is "for all intents and purposes", and then of course it should have been "taken" instead of "took". Correctly stated: "JVC has, for all intents and purposes, taken Canon's thunder."

There are quite a few other grammatical and punctuation errors which really need to be cleaned up in order for your positive spin on this review to captivate the reader.

Best of luck.

Michael Pappas
May 1st, 2005, 11:50 AM
The HVX200 removable lens Article has been read by 1,013 people in little under 64 hours. The message is getting out there. Very good!

It took twice as long for the JVC article to get over the 1,000 read mark.

Thanks!

THE ARTICLES in case you haven't read them!

(1)
DO AG-HVX200'S DREAM OF OPTICAL ENLIGHTENMENT
WELL , MAYBE NOT YET. BUT.............

http://www.pbase.com/aghvx200/do_hvx200s_dream_of_lenses

(2)
JVC GY-HD100u and Its Second Coming
Will JVC realize they have a chance for the gold medal or just settle for the bronze.

http://www.pbase.com/aghvx200/pappasarts_entertainment_

http://www.hdvinfo.net/articles/jvcprohd/pappas5.php

Michael pappas

Charles Papert
May 1st, 2005, 02:15 PM
since we are on the grammar tip...

should be "its second coming", not "it's"

Michael Pappas
May 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
since we are on the grammar tip...

should be "its second coming", not "it's"

Thank you Charles, the error has been taken care of.

michael

Renat Zarbailov
May 1st, 2005, 06:21 PM
I applaud to your article, and hope you keep up the good work despite the grammar teachers out there picking away on your articles. It is the idea that matters most - not how you execute it or how many errors you make doing it. When one's passionate about improving something it it alright to make the grammar mistakes, after all, the message - the idea is what matters here not whether you had a good grammar teacher.

Cheers

Peter Jefferson
May 1st, 2005, 10:01 PM
the fact that youre out there writing is awesome bro.. but one thing.. whoever designed the site needs their heads read..

im running, lcd panels at 1152x864 with 12ms response and i can hardly ready it... black background with wafer thin text is not easy to read...

Chris Hurd
May 1st, 2005, 10:10 PM
No worries, Peter, as I'll have Michael's article posted on my site this week, where it'll be much more readable... plus I'll correct his grammar and spelling (a service which I've been providing to Michael for free ever since the early XL1 Watchdog days).

Michael Maier
May 2nd, 2005, 04:36 AM
He got banned for writing an article? From where?

Chris Hurd
May 2nd, 2005, 04:55 AM
For Laurence Maher, Michael Maier, Renat Zarbailov and everybody else:

Gentlemen, I did not start this site to discuss what happens in other online communities. I am not interested in internet politics. I am interested only in the creative aspects and technical details of digital video. Let's reserve DV Info Net for accurate technical discussions only, please.

How other sites choose to conduct themselves is none of our concern and will not be discussed here. I've removed three such references from public view; please don't do that again. I'm happy to make this site available to all of you, but please respect my wishes on this particularly sensitive issue. I've known Michael Pappas personally for many years and will continue to host his articles, so I'm sure he will back me up on this. Thanks in advance,

Shannon Rawls
May 2nd, 2005, 08:30 AM
I am not interested in internet politics. I am interested only in the creative aspects and technical details of digital video.

Now THAT'S what the FLUCK I'm Talkin' About!!! That's why I openly claim that DVINFO.NET is my favorite DIGITAL VIDEO/HD VIDEO/TECHIES TALKIN'/CAMERA DISCUSSIN' website of them all.

1. Unbiased towards any camera or company
2. Doesn't delete posts, even if the owner doesn't agree with what is being said
3. Discussions remain UN-political
4. You can speak your mind and not be repremanded
5. Looks Better & Navigtes easier too!

just be sure not to use the word "SUCKS". That's a bad word here. *smile*

- ShannonRawls.com

Michael Pappas
May 2nd, 2005, 10:00 AM
Yes this is the best board. It shouldn't surprise you, it's an extension of Chris Hurd. He is a good man!

Thanks for the support Shannon. Long live DVinfo.net!

Now THAT'S what the FLUCK I'm Talkin' About!!! That's why I openly claim that DVINFO.NET is my favorite DIGITAL VIDEO/HD VIDEO/TECHIES TALKIN'/CAMERA DISCUSSIN' website of them all.

1. Unbiased towards any camera or company
2. Doesn't delete posts, even if the owner doesn't agree with what is being said
3. Discussions remain UN-political
4. You can speak your mind and not be repremanded
5. Looks Better & Navigtes easier too!

just be sure not to use the word "SUCKS". That's a bad word here. *smile*

- ShannonRawls.com

Kurth Bousman
May 2nd, 2005, 01:22 PM
yes - exactly. that's why I occasionally look at the others but this is the real deal - . And people think Texas is backward- from my 40 odd years living mostly in Austin , imho that's where the most talented people in the states live ( sorry to you east and west coasters ) thanks Chris for providing an openminded space- pure Texas !