View Full Version : Have to use XLR for the Sennheiser EW100ENG G2?

James Landsburger
May 9th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Hi all,

I know a lot of you use the Sennheiser wireless. Can you tell me if you have to use an XLR connection? The picture seems to show that it comes with a standard mini plug AND an XLR.

I've been thinking of buying one, but the extra $150 for a beachtek doesn't excite me. Would love to use a mini plug at first.

Thanks a bunch,
JL

Chris Hurd
May 10th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Moved to Now Hear This from Wedding / Event Video Techniques.

Terry Lyons
May 11th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Hi, it comes with both, an xlr and 1/8" plug. you can hook the receiver to your shoe and plug the 1/8" male into your cam.

Jonathan Jones
May 11th, 2005, 11:01 PM
It gives you the option depending on what inputs your camera has available and what is more convenient for your shooting style. I use the Canon XL2, so I tend to keep the stock mic on board and plugged into its 1/8" plug, using the Senn XLR cable to run from the receiver to the an XLR input in the rear of the camera. If I needed to, I could just plug it right into the 1/8" plug instead of using the onboard mic, but for some settings, I am running several mics and end up using the 4 channel capacity of the camera. The Senn kit coming with the XLR cable makes this a convenient factor for me.
-J.

James Landsburger
May 13th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Thanks Jonathan - very helpful.

Take care,

JL