View Full Version : Memorex Dual Format DVD Burner work with DVD WS

Anthony Marotti
May 14th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Hello All !

I just purchased a Memorex Dual Format DVD Burner from CompUSA for $99.00. It looks great, but I am not sure if it will work with the latest version on DVD Workshop 2?

I went to their DVD Burner Compatibility list, but I think it was published before the release of this Burner :headscratch:

I haven't opened the package yet and can take it back if it isn't compatible, so I would like to know if any of you have this burner, or know if in fact is compatible or not.

Thanks Guys !

Anthony Marotti
May 17th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I am going to return it and buy a Pioneer!

Tommy Haupfear
May 17th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I got the Pioneer 16X dual layer from CompUSA right as it came out and I've had a lot of luck with it. Make sure to update your firmware and you're good to go. You might also want to checkout NewEgg.com for alternative pricing.

Anthony Marotti
May 17th, 2005, 10:13 PM
I got the Pioneer 16X dual layer from CompUSA right as it came out and I've had a lot of luck with it. Make sure to update your firmware and you're good to go. You might also want to checkout NewEgg.com for alternative pricing.

Hello,

I actually ordered mine from here: www.bananaPC.com.

It was $58.00 for the burner, $10.50 for Nero-3 Suite ver 6, with free ground shipping but I paid $12.50 for 2-Day. I was told about them from the guys over at the Canopus forum. They had great experiences with the vendor, so I went for it. I checked their business ratings, and they were very high.

I had a problem with the address on my credit card, and the guys called me several times to notify me and then several more to fix the problem. They didn't have to go the extra mile, especially for $58.00, but they did!!

I will buy from them plenty in the future!!

One work of caution, look at their return policy.

See You.......

Tommy Haupfear
May 17th, 2005, 10:16 PM
I'll add bananaPC to my list. Thanks!

Shows you how much the price has dropped on DVD burners! I paid triple that for mine!

Anthony Marotti
May 17th, 2005, 10:26 PM
I'll add bananaPC to my list. Thanks!

Shows you how much the price has dropped on DVD burners! I paid triple that for mine!

I paid over $700.00 for my first Panasonic ;-ooooooooooooooooo