View Full Version : Loading Panasonic tapes for burn

Steven Davis
May 23rd, 2005, 07:22 AM
Hey gang, Just would like the community's opinion. I did a job this past weekend and beyond the footage that I shot on my GL2, they shot about 7 hours worth on a GL1 that they also want me to edit. I use the Maxell red tapes without fail, but they shot their GL1 with Panasonic tapes. Due to the problem with swaping different types of tapes, I'm trying to figure out the best way to get he Panasonic Tapes into my computer. I can probably get their camera for the capture, but I feel a little unpofessional doing it. Then I thought, well even if I had a dv deck, would this still be the issue. I don't have a dv deck. But I do have an older JVC DV cam, that I wouldn't mind sacrificing with the Panasonic Tapes. I just need a yea or nay on the best way to get the Panasonic Tapes into my computer w/o screwing up and having to have my GL2 cleaned.

Chris Hurd
May 23rd, 2005, 07:44 AM
If I were you, I'd use your old JVC cam as a feeder deck. Run a head-cleaning cassette through for a maximum of five or six seconds. When you're through capturing their Panasonic tapes, run the head cleaning cassette one more time. Hope this helps,

Steven Davis
May 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks, I was needing the opinion. Sometimes this mess gets overwhelming and I didn't want to rely on the voices in my head. :}

Richard Alvarez
May 23rd, 2005, 09:47 AM
Steven,

The voices in my head told me to tell your voices to listen to Chris' voices...

Peter Higginbottom
May 23rd, 2005, 03:06 PM
Hi
I get confused with the directions given by the voices in My head cos they speak like Yoda

Regards

Peter