View Full Version : audio problem with hv30

Paul Mailath
September 28th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I can only record audio in auto on my HV30 but it's fine in auto or P on my HV20.

I'm assuming it's a setting somewhere but I can't find it???

Colin McDonald
September 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I would check that you haven't left your audio on locked on manual with the gain turned fully down.

With a radio or other sound source playing, turn the HV30 to P mode (not Auto) then press the SET button to access the audio level control. (If it's not showing MIC then press the joystick down (NEXT) until it shows MIC).

Pressing the joystick up (to MIC) will cycle the audio level between manual (showing M) and auto. The audio level can be set (when on M) by pressing the joystick left (-level) or right (+level).

If it's not that, then I'm not sure what to suggest.

Paul Mailath
September 30th, 2009, 07:01 AM
thanks - just the ticket

I've been playing around with settings and must have stuffed that up

Colin McDonald
September 30th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Glad to help! I will confess to having recorded the odd unintentional MOS scene myself while using the HV30 on family holidays, so I recognised the symptoms. Such things must run in the family - my father used to forget to take the lens cap off his Leica occasionally and get completely black 35mm slides.

Jonathan Levin
September 30th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Colin,

Yeah. This was most helpful. There have been a few occasions where I think I must have accidently hit the up or down on the Auto/Manual Mic setting where I thought I was loosing my mind why I couldn't access the gain left/right arrows when moments earlier I could!

I also noticed that this applies to exposure as well.

I will never forget this menu command now!

Thanks again.

Jonathan