View Full Version : Filming a College graduation party

Eric Holloway
June 2nd, 2005, 10:25 AM
I'm filming a college graduation party this Friday and I need some suggestions. I've filmed plenty of weddings, bar mitzvahs, debuts, etc, but parties have been kind of hard to figure out since there is never any program to it. There is a cake cutting and a speech but that's about it. Should I just roam around filming for 4 hours (the time that i'll be there) ?

Please give me suggestions on how I can turn a college graduation party into an interesting video.

Eric

Frank Slater
June 2nd, 2005, 01:38 PM
Filming a college grad party.

Here is my 2 cents:

1) Try to get footage from the college they went too. Maybe interview a favorite teacher or two
2) Do interviews with as many of the guest as possible. Have questions ready for them. Try to get funny anecdotes
3) Find out what music/songs represent the school years. I found songs of my generation remind me of my youth and school days.
4) Think of what you would like to see in a college party video in 20 years from now. That’s what this video is really about.

Hope this gives you food for thought.

Frank

Patrick King
June 2nd, 2005, 05:11 PM
Eric,

Pass out your business card to everyone at the party. Try to film every single face and make it recognizable. Listen for the loud occurences that will happen at a college party, then be on-the-spot to capture whatever they are cheering about. This may be the only gig you video where people call you afterwards and pay you to not create a final product. ;)