View Full Version : Is this real?

Steve Brame
September 30th, 2009, 08:38 AM
A local dealer claims that this isn't a real Panasonic camera. I guess he's claiming 'gray market', and says that I'll be stuck with a non-Panasonic camera if I buy it.

[ Link removed by Admin ]

What do you folks think? I'm not up to speed on the whole 'gray market' thing.

Simon Zimmer
September 30th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Sounds too GOOD to be true.

I would not buy there.

Seems sketchy and TOO LOW!

Stick to credible internet stores like B&H Photo.

Simon

Steve Brame
September 30th, 2009, 08:44 AM
How can they sell a non-Panasonic camera as a Panasonic camera? Seems as though Panasonic would easily be able to shut them down.

Daniel Bates
September 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't buy even a 'real Panasonic camera' from Dbuys.com (aka IbuyDigital.com, CameraClub, IbuyPlasma.com, RealDealShop, Digitalmegastore, and Central Digital).

Steve Brame
September 30th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I mentioned on another forum the predominantly good reviews and ratings that Dbuys has on PriceGrabber, and they claimed that these services are stacked with phony reviewers to try to alter perception. I guess the same could apply to resellerratings.com...maybe not. At any rate, we just got off of the phone with a rep that we know at Panasonic, and he claimed that DBuys.com is an authorized reseller for Panasonic, and that their minimum order from Panasonic for the HMC-150 is 250, and that they are probably dumping inventory just prior to the EOY(taxes) and the newer model that's about to be released.

Simon Zimmer
September 30th, 2009, 09:42 AM
Which newer model is coming out?

thanks,

Simon

Steve Brame
September 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Didn't ask. I didn't mean to imply that it was imminent. There is ALWAYS a newer model in development. The HMC-150 has been out a while. I remember seeing it at NAB in 08.

Chris Hurd
September 30th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Just a reminder that the only dealers we discuss on DV Info Net are those that are authorized and who directly support this site. Please gove them your business. Thanks all,