View Full Version : How do I put the Firmware update for the E series actually onto my hvx200?

Kevin Morefield
September 30th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I have downloaded the new p2 update from the website, but now i have no idea how to put that file onto my camera or p2 card? can anyone help?

Barry Green
October 1st, 2009, 08:05 AM
https://eww.pavc.panasonic.co.jp/pro-av/support/cs/csregistp2m/ep2main/soft/hpx170/hpx170verup_e.pdf

Kevin Morefield
October 1st, 2009, 11:32 AM
so i have to buy an sd card just to put the updates to my hvx200? not cool...why does panasonic hate mac users...

Chris Hurd
October 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
I don't understand the complaint. SD cards are cheeeeeeep. Shoot me an email with your shipping address and I'll send you one for free.

The HVX200 is a camcorder which sells for several thousand dollars new, and it's a well known fact that it has an SD card slot. Considering how utterly inexpensive SD cards are these days, and the level of gear that you've bought into, there's really no excuse not to have an SD card and a card reader.

Noah Kadner
October 1st, 2009, 09:31 PM
I think they give these out instead of pennies at most Best Buys nowadays...

Noah

Tom Chartrand
October 2nd, 2009, 08:52 AM
so i have to buy an sd card just to put the updates to my hvx200? not cool...why does panasonic hate mac users...

Haven't seen the hate. I updated my 200 and 300 using just an SD card and my Mac.

Barry Green
October 2nd, 2009, 12:44 PM

What does being a Mac user have to do with anything? The only way the firmware update can be done, windows or mac, is by using an SD card.

Kevin Morefield
October 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
now i can't get the card reader to show up on my computer, or any one elses for that matter.

TingSern Wong
October 24th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Are you sure your SD card reader is connected properly and/or is working in the first place?

Kevin Morefield
November 3rd, 2009, 11:06 AM
hahah, as it turns out, Dynex, the company whose sd card reader i bought, appearently had a recall on a whole bunch of sd card and readers in my town, but no one told the best buy. Finally got a working one and everything is fine, just hit a bad stretch of bad luck