View Full Version : Dumb Question

Gary Randall
June 15th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I want to use 2 cams at the wedding I am doing this Sat. My dumb question is about the audio. In post when I am putting the two cams together in the timeline, I will lose my audio. I will be using a senn122 wireless. But when I use some clips from the cam in the back I will lose the audio from the wireless.

How can I switch back and forth from cam to cam and keep my audio? I will be using the GL2 and another small 3 chip cam in the rear.

Thanks for any help

Edward Troxel
June 15th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Just don't switch the audio. Just because you're using the video from cam 2 doesn't mean you can't continue using the audio from cam 1.

Tim Borek
June 15th, 2005, 09:56 AM
Just don't switch the audio. Just because you're using the video from cam 2 doesn't mean you can't continue using the audio from cam 1.
It does if Gary is using a single-track consumer NLE program like VideoStudio, iMovie, or Pinnacle Studio. That's the only reason I can think of losing audio when you cut from one shot to another.

Edward Troxel
June 15th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Ok.... What NLE are you using????

Peter Jefferson
June 15th, 2005, 10:29 PM
no such thing as a dumb question....
if u can answer Eds q, im sure youll find many answers...

Gary Randall
June 16th, 2005, 06:17 AM
I am using VideoStudio 9 to do my editting. I know it's not a very good editting tool. But it is very easy for me to use. Thanks Guys for all your inputs

Greg Boston
June 16th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Gary,

There are usually workarounds for the limitations of lower cost NLE's. I used to do this with Pinnacle's Studio software. Since it allowed the importation of an AVI file onto the title track, guess where the second camera footage went. Nothing says that it has to be a title on the title track. Need some still images..put them on the title track and use transitions to create a slideshow. Since most NLE's allow for a background music track, why not take your camera audio, write it out to a WAV file, then bring it back on the music track. That way, you can switch between camera 1 audio, and camera 2 audio which is now a WAV file on the music track.

All of this will require more work on your part, but it can be done. See if there isn't a Videostudio forum out there somewhere where people have already come up with these little tricks.

Good luck,

=gb=

Gary Randall
June 16th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Greg,

Thanks alot. I know how to do that. I think that will work find. Thanks again for your input. Thanks to everyone's input here. You guys are great for us newbies.