View Full Version : FCP <> Compressor issue

Richard Guaty
June 19th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Everything had been compressing alright until my most recent project. I'm trying to output an mpeg 2 for DVD from FCP 4 to compressor 1.2

After I submit the source and file, the "time remaining" begins to get larger rather than smaller. If I leave it alone for even 8 hours the time just gets larger.

What could this be? I'm definetely going for some upgrades in the meantime for compressor but that might not solve the issue. What do you think?

Thanks for your feedback,
Richard

Boyd Ostroff
June 20th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Hve you upgraded to Tiger in the meantime? I think that may break some things with Compressor...

Michael Westphal
June 20th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Richard,
To add to Boyd's question, Apple's Compressor support forum is abuzz with problems with Compressor 1.2 and Tiger...

Are you exporting directly from FCP to Compressor? If so, you may try exporting a Quicktime copy of your Sequence (File->Export->QuickTime Movie... set it to the "Current Settings" and "Make Movie Self-Contained"), then quit FCP and submit this "DV Stream" file to Compressor directly.

(BTW, Compressor v2.0 with FCP5 appears to be slower than Compressor 1.2, so upgrading my not help. I'm using it on OSX10.3.9 and I'm not impressed with the speed - although I love the integrated A.Pack conversion).

Jerome Terry
June 21st, 2005, 07:54 PM
Hi Richard,

I'm experiencing the same problem that you have with Compressor. The time remaining keeps cycling and after a few the batch monitor says the encode failed. I ended up outputing my sequence to a QT movie and taking that to DVD SP. The thing that is weird about this problem is that the project that I'm working on only 2 weeks I used Compressor with no problem. I tried trashing the preferences for both Compressor and FCP but that action did not fix the problem. I wish that someone at Apple would fix this problem.

Jerome