View Full Version : HV-40 Video in New York City

Scott Squires
October 4th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi All

I had been planning a two week trip to New York for a year, I live in California. I had always shot Photos in NY but this time I wanted to shoot a Video. I arrived with my fairly new XH-A1a and after 2 minutes of Video it died on the first day. Canon Tech tried everything but it was dead and would take a week or so to fix. It was the only camera I had brought. 20 years of shooting Canon cameras and I had never had one not work. I still had 12 days left so I decided to go to B&H photo (an amazing place) and look at an HV-40. After much self debate I purchased one with the wide angle lens and a longer lasting battery. I spent the next 11 days roaming Central Park, Coney Island, Time Square and many more places. The HV-40 performed perfectly and I just finished watching six hours of Video and it is beautiful! The HV-40 actually worked better than I hoped. Easy to carry around, fast to use and more stealth.

My XH-A1a had the main power fuse go out. It is now fixed and I have the HV-40 as my backup. It will be a nice combo to use.

Scott

Phil Murray
October 4th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I'm curious, Scott. How much did it cost to repair your XH-A1?

I have an A1 and an HV20. I am constantly amazed at what I get from the HV20. If it had a lanc connection and better low-light performance, I'd sell my A1!

Okay, maybe not... :)

Phil

Scott Squires
October 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Phil

My XH-A1s was only a month old so there was no charge for the repair.

Scott