View Full Version : Washington D.C. Wedding Trailer

Glen Elliott
October 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Just finished another trailer- this particular couple lives in Dubai but got married in the states with their families in DC.

http://www.gmelliottvideo.com/katiematttrailer.mov

Stephen J. Williams
October 23rd, 2009, 12:56 PM
Fireworks = Awesome... Great closing shot... DC really is one of my favorite cities. I was thinking what kind of pictures it would make for around the mall. This turned out great...
Steve

Matt Barwick
October 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM
Another knockout. Beautiful work!

Are you using the MK2, XH-A1, a combo or something different?

Glen Elliott
October 24th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Thanks Matt- all Canon XH-A1s.

Kevin Lewis
October 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Glen, I am always impressed by your work. Were you shooting with your previous mentioned settings of 24F and gain set to 12? It seems that the Ceramony was pefrectly lit. Did you use any external lighting or did you just have the iris wide open?

Glen Elliott
October 25th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I never use external lighting other than at the reception venue. This church was naturally pretty bright- however I won't hesitate (and do so often) to do the 1/24th 12db setting on my cams in dark churches.

Monday Isa
October 25th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Glen great job!!! Really enjoyed this clip. You were up in my neck of the woods. Solid performance from your team. On a side note, great to see you posting again here on DVinfo. Your participation was missed. Take Care

Monday

Oren Arieli
October 26th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Very clean shooting, nicely paced, great energy. I'm so torn over chucking the XH-A1 out because of its terrible low-light performance, or just keep putting out more photons. Your clip gives me hope that I can delay my next camera purchase for a bit longer.

Glen Elliott
October 28th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Hey Glen great job!!! Really enjoyed this clip. You were up in my neck of the woods. Solid performance from your team. On a side note, great to see you posting again here on DVinfo. Your participation was missed. Take Care

Monday

Actually "down" in your neck of the woods. ;) Thanks for watching man- I'll have more to post I had about 5-7 trailers to cut and I'm plowing through them now.

Glen Elliott
October 28th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Very clean shooting, nicely paced, great energy. I'm so torn over chucking the XH-A1 out because of its terrible low-light performance, or just keep putting out more photons. Your clip gives me hope that I can delay my next camera purchase for a bit longer.

I own two 7Ds but STILL love my A1s. After shooting with VDSLRs going back to the A1 is like using a point-n-shoot camera. I wouldn't describe the low-light performance as "terrible" but it's certainly not on par with a 1.2 L lens on the 7D. The example you see here is with no lighting in a dark tent (ie speeches). If we had time (or an extra helper/gaffer) we would have moved and/or set up a light for the speeches.

Scott Hayes
November 1st, 2009, 05:32 AM
loved it man, loved it! what song is that? Your work still continues to inspire.