View Full Version : Trees on a Canvas

Björn Rehder
October 24th, 2009, 09:40 AM
A "short" documentary on the state of forestry in Namibia.
See it on Vimeo: Trees on a Canvas on Vimeo

A brief description:

Namibia has become a role-model-nation in regards to developing smart commercial partnerships and sustainable economic ventures based on natural resources. This documentary not only investigates how Namibia’s progressive environmental stand has come to be, but also highlights the race against time to ensure continued research and benefits to Namibian society as these positive trends meet rampant climate change, severe environmental degradation and abject poverty.

Filmed & Edited in 100 Days!

Busy now with the promised wildlife translocation video. I should have it ready in a few weeks.
In the meantime enjoy the trees movie.

Lorinda Norton
November 4th, 2009, 02:09 PM
That was VERY well done and quite interesting. Thank you for posting it at a time when I've been looking into this very thing on a worldwide basis.

Who is the target audience for this documentary? Worded another way, how wide is the net being cast for what appears to be voluntary donations for the expenses Namibia and the community forest managers face?

Björn Rehder
November 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the kind comment.

Initially the target audience was for rural education AFAIK. I can not comment on how far the net is being cast for funding etc. I merely posted the video here for the sake of "show your work".

It was a challenging subject to cover and before I started on this project I had no clue on "how to film a tree and make it look interesting".

Well... 40hrs of footage / 5170 kM / 100 days later this was the result. Absolutely crazy to do this doccie in such a short time. But it was smooth sailing working alongside a fantastic team.