View Full Version : Seattle and staying dry...

Rich Shivers
June 23rd, 2005, 06:35 AM
Seattle writer learning video to aquire a way to make more art and to produce some of the art already created. Finished a screenplay with a guy who has made a short and a bunch of Flash toons. Need to aquire the rest of the knowledge nessicary to make my dreams come true, just like the rest of you working 9 to 5 behind a desk. This is a start. More or less committed to buying a Cannon XL-2. Know a bit about lighting as a result of living with some still photographers. Know a bit about theatre and it's technicalities. Know a fair amount about writing. Know next to nothing about DV, hence why I am here. Down to help locals with their productions, so long as it is on a set. Down to have locals help the team we have assembled. Willing to offer criticism for others work so I can figure out how not to make the same mistakes in my own. Willing to learn EVERYTHING you have to teach me. That's why I am here. I also referee for several professional wrestling organisations, though I am not personally all that into professional wrestling. I improv as a way of life and not merely on stage. I'll probably fall into some paid work simply because I know people who need things filmed and will have the equipment. That and I'll work cheap. The current project is a comedy and character study. Feature length. Has a bit of financial backing and some talented people willing to work free. It isn't the first thing I have written, but it is the first I cared enough about to copyright. If you are local and reasonably sane, I'd love to meet you.
All the best in your endeavors,
Rich