View Full Version : Sd442 rip

Marco Leavitt
October 30th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Guess it's no surprise, as the SD552 pretty much targets the same market. There's a new boss in town.

Discontinued Products | Sound Devices, LLC (http://www.sounddevices.com/products/discontinued.htm)

Dan Brockett
October 30th, 2009, 10:20 PM
I interviewed the principals of SD last month for an article I just wrote on the 552 for HD Video Pro Magazine. You can also wave goodbye to the 302 sometime in the not too distant future, it too will gain a recording function, although I didn't ask if it would sprout an extra channel.

I told them that what we will really want will be discreet recording of as many tracks as the mixer has. Imagine the 552 MKII with built in five track recording!

Dan

Sacha Rosen
October 30th, 2009, 11:01 PM
If I am correct the 552 will not have its own time code generator, I wonder why not?

Jeffery Magat
October 30th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Because then it would start tapping into the 7-series line.

Allan Black
October 31st, 2009, 05:43 AM
You can also wave goodbye to the 302 sometime in the not too distant future, it too will gain a recording function, although I didn't ask if it would sprout an extra channel.

Really Dan. They'd probably keep it at 3 XLR mics out of the others range, and maybe 2 record tracks for the same reason. Well I won't be selling my 302 any time soon, unless they really up the specs, but I said that about my Nagras.

Cheers.