View Full Version : FCP file will not open....

Arthur Woodle
November 9th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Hey, hopefully someone has run across this before and there is a simple fix..if not I have alot of work ahead of me. I moved my finished FCP Studio 2 project to a back-up drive for archiving... and a few days later the client wanted some changes. I moved the folder with all my working files back on to my workstation and got this message when I tried to open the FCP file. " This project is unreadable or may be to new for this version of Final Cut" I even tried to open it off the back-up hard drive....same message. Am I hosed on this one? I have all the digitized files from the back-up, but I would still lose 2 days getting back to what the client approved the first time around....any help would be welcome, thanks

Robert Lane
November 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
This is a common scenario with FCP files and is something people have been begging Apple to address but so far goes untouched.

Try this app which has a suite of "fix up" tools for FCS:

FCS Maintenance Pack - Maintain Final Cut Studio, Diagnose and Fix Problems, Manage Settings (http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_maintenance.htm)

There's a free trial which should tell you whether or not your issue can be fixed.