View Full Version : Exported clip is not complete?

David Kovalev
November 14th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Hey everyone. This forum has helped me diagnose many problems in the past and I'm hoping this problem could also be diagnosed. Here is the problem: I export my sequence in H.264 1440x1080i (preset from premiere) and the final exported clip works but freezes after 9 minutes and 50 seconds. I looked at the timeline and nothing is there that might make it do that.

When I export 13 minuts of the clip... it works fine (beyond the freeze point). So only when its a large clip, it freezes like that. I have another sequence that I'll be exporting in the same format., 1hr long and I'll see if it will create the same problem.

Wondering if anyone has encountered such a problem? I'll will update tomorrow. Thanks

David Kovalev
November 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Update:

Okay I've exported a longer clip in this same format and it has the same issue it freezes but a little further down the line. I only have 4GB of RAM... could that be the issue here?

Also I downloaded the VLC player and the clips work fine on the player... when i try to encode these files.... it freezes up...

My only idea is the RAM might not be enough... what do you think?

Harm Millaard
November 16th, 2009, 04:17 AM
or disk space, or processor power, or running processes, or ...

Hard to tell without details.