View Full Version : Lessons with AJ-PCD20

Art White
December 9th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Anyone like to take the time and explain how the AJ-PCD20 works with the software? I just got the unit and I can't seem to download my P2 cards. I have Windows 7 64Bit and I would like to know if this is the problem or I just don't know what I'm doing. (Most likely the latter)

I installed the p2 Viewer. The computer recognizes the PCD20 and the hardrive sees some files but I don't know how to convert them. Any help helps!
Thank you
Art

TingSern Wong
December 10th, 2009, 09:50 AM
What do you mean by Convert them? Convert the data in the P2 card to what? Do you have a NLE that understands P2 MXF? There are two that I am aware of - Canopus EDIUS 5 and Adobe Premiere CS4.

Art White
December 10th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for responding.
I was having trouble with my drivers (I guess) I could not see any files on my computer when I connected the PCD20. NOW I do have:
LastClip.txt, Contents, Video, Audio,Clip, Icon, Proxy and Voice...which answered a few of my questions.

I have CS4 with Windows 7 64bit. This is the first time I have used CS4 with the P2 card. I don't have Windows Explorer connected to the internet on this computer. I would like to use the Media Browser in CS4 to import the P2 files. I should see the PCD20 as a storage device, correct? (Out of the office now, not near the computer to verify) Or, do I transfer the files to my hard disk and import them? Sorry for the question but this is all new to me, so you won't hurt my feelings by throwing it to me underhanded!
Thank you
Art

TingSern Wong
December 10th, 2009, 10:44 AM
If you now access the P2 cards and can see the individual folders within each card, that's 3/4 of the battle won. You can either copy the entire P2 card into your computer hard-disks before you start editing OR you can read directly from P2 card if you have a fast reader. Once you have copied the files into your hard-disks, start Premiere and import the P2 files. You should be able to get the video into your NLE.

Art White
December 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Yes, now that the files actually made it to the computer, that clears up alot of things!

Thanks,
Art

TingSern Wong
December 11th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Just to play 100.1% safe, turn on the READ-ONLY switch on the P2 card before you allow your computer to read the data. You don't want to corrupt the P2 data in any way, right? After you copy the data in your computer's harddisks, you can remove the P2 card, and flip the switch back to READ-WRITE.