View Full Version : Neo and Prospect 4.2 officially released.

David Newman
January 22nd, 2010, 11:46 PM
Cool new updates at www.cineform.com

From the readme (change since 4.1.6):

Build 4.2.0.237, released 22-January-2010
Added: CineForm status to the System Tray, this allow you to control
which Active Metadata and 3D display mode you are currently running (on all CineForm tools.) Like the global controls in First Light, you can select which white balance, LUTs and color corrections are applied, during playback within any video tool. The CineForm status will also inform you there are any new CineForm updates.
Added: Get timecode from file based M2Ts
Added: timecode base at the framerate for non-TC sources in HDLink.
Added: HDLink now extracts Timecode and Time/Date info for most file conversions.
Added: ExifTool support to exact additional shooting info metadata from diskbased files, particularly for Canon DLVR sources.
Added: Add a directory structure style navigation to FirstLight passive metadata to handle the potentially large number of new metadata fields.
Added: Custom Copy/Paste Filters in First Light. Ctrl+Shift+C will bring out a window to filter which properties to copy or Ctrl+Shift+V will do the same for paste.
Added: Local (per clip) overlay templates -- now metadata layouts can be clip or globally applied.
Added: Free View 3D mode -- like side-by-side but not anamorphically squeezed.
Added: Overlays with center justification are now draggable.
Added: Green Magenta anaglyph to First Light
Added: (Prospect/NEO 3D) Tangent Wave support to First Light for color and convergence controls
Enhanced: Smarter pulldown removal option, it will only do a pulldown on sources with frame rates greater than 25fps.
Enhanced: 3D overlay placement.
Fixed: audio sync issues in CS4.
Fixed: A Window Media Player crash when using very old files with the latest builds.
Fixed: 3D Orientation Restore
Fixed: Snapshot to work with 3D orientation
Fixed: Fixed a decoder performance issue as the Active Metadata color processing was on when not needed.
Fixed: (Neo/Prospect 3D only) encoded 422 in VideoForWindows, now 444 works.
Fixed: a memory leak in the overlay engine.
Fixed: (Prospect 3D) Swap eyes for side-by-side mode.
Fixed: MOV Import a divide by zero error when a audio track is flagged but has no samples.
Fixed: Bug in StereoMux (Prospect 3D) where it would find the muxing tool.
Fixed: 3D StereoMux issue reject sequences that where fine.
Fixed: (3D) overlays working in YUV side-by-side, under-over and interlace modes.

You may have noticed that some 3D features and more extensive metadata handling is migrating into the rest of the product line. Even the free NeoPlayer allows for 3D eye selection and a control which active metadata as being used. This is all to help CineForm users create their master and easily share those files with other users, CineForm owner or not.

PS. Mac versions of Neo was also just updated to this last codec core.

David Dwyer
January 23rd, 2010, 04:41 AM
Oh downloading now!

Stephen Armour
January 23rd, 2010, 05:39 AM
I like the new version checker.

David Dwyer
January 23rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Yep the auto updater is handy saves me checking each week.

Can't test any of the new features until May when my next project is due (WRC Portugal)

Brant Gajda
January 23rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
Will be downloading today.

David Newman
January 23rd, 2010, 10:14 AM
The systemTray tool can be expanded for other global CineForm controls. Feedback welcome.

Carlos Bustamante
January 23rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
I have tried converting some m2t files to CF with the new Prospect HD release and now get a color histogram in the lower left hand corner of the CF avi files. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

David Newman
January 23rd, 2010, 12:26 PM
Carlos,

Welcome to Active Metadata, the non-destructive enhancement of your CineForm media. Right click on the Red 'C' in the system tray, and select Active Metadata from the menu. In this pop-up you can turn the histogram on and off.

Brant Gajda
January 23rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
Make sure the Histogram checkbox is not checked inside of First Light.

David Newman
January 23rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
Brant,

The new tray icon allow you to control all the global metadata features without open First Light (plus First Light is not included with NeoScene or NeoPlayer.)

Carlos Bustamante
January 23rd, 2010, 01:28 PM
How nice. Congradulations and thanks for all the improvements! One minor suggestion: perhaps the fonts in the metadata in First Light could be darker or just plain white. It would be easier for me to read them from afar. Thanks.

David Newman
January 23rd, 2010, 01:50 PM
Carlos,

I totally agree on the font color, unfortunately it is a limitation of the widget used, we have no control over the foreground text color in the tree view. That is why the background is brighter to improve the contrast. One day we will sent the engineering time to rebuild that widget to fix this issue.

Brant Gajda
January 23rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
Brant,

The new tray icon allow you to control all the global metadata features without open First Light (plus First Light is not included with NeoScene or NeoPlayer.)

Very nice.

Roger Averdahl
January 23rd, 2010, 02:55 PM
If i transcode 1080i50 Upper Field First AVCHD footage with HDLink, the transcoded footage is interpreted in CS4 as Progressive Scan instead of Upper Field First.

David Newman
January 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
Nothing has changed in this functionality, just use interpret footage if Premiere sees it work. I'll put a note to check this out.

Robert Young
January 23rd, 2010, 06:36 PM
David
Three Cheers!!
PHD v 4.2 release seems to have finally fixed the audio synch problems I've had with EX1 sourced footage- both in CS3 and CS4.
You guys are great!

Mike Harrington
January 24th, 2010, 04:55 PM
The system tray tool is extremely handy....

Mitchell Yazdani
January 25th, 2010, 05:14 PM
How do you activate the auto update?
Cheers
Mitchell

David Dwyer
January 25th, 2010, 05:18 PM
THe auto updater loads on reboot and will be in your task bar on the right.

Sorin Pricop
January 28th, 2010, 02:15 AM
The version checker says:
Update available - but the installed and available versions are the same ...

David Newman
January 28th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Sorin,

Doesn't it still say update available on a restart?

David Dwyer
January 28th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah David I had it as well - Think the updater trys to connect before windows has fully loaded up and the program gives some different version code and thus says there is a update.

If you click check again confirms its the latest version so not sure?

David Newman
January 28th, 2010, 02:53 PM
We expect it is some start condition that is irregular, but we will keep an eye out for it to find a patch.

Sorin Pricop
January 30th, 2010, 12:30 AM
It's gone now ... it seems that Windows is to blame or some service ...
But now it's gone ... and at the last few restarts there is nothing like that (Only About)

I'm on 32bit XPproSP3 with latest updates.

Anyway - looks like Cineform is step by step becoming the best thing since sliced bread in video editing.
I wonder now how i managed without it in the past ...

Respect Cineform ... for all your hard work.