View Full Version : SI-2K DVR software controls?

Alex Raskin
February 4th, 2010, 11:18 PM
I'm using *different size monitors* with the PC that captures SI-2K Mini's signal.

So can't use touch screen.

Mousing around the interface is a pain though.

Is there a way to maybe map certain commands to the keyboard shortcuts? This way all I have to do is hit a shortcut, and the software responds. Start/stop recording, Histogram, Zoom, Play, Quit....

Possible?

Ari Presler
February 5th, 2010, 08:00 PM
You can currently use the right-mouse click function to create a sequence of these functions.

SiliconDVR-2.0 (SI-3D) has F1-F12 function keys mapped to these hot spot functions.

Alex Raskin
February 5th, 2010, 08:05 PM
Yup, I saw right-click mapping thingy, very cool.

But I need dedicated controls.

With my memory and in the middle of the shoot, I don't want to press something wrong :)

Software v2.0: will it work with a single regular Mini head? If yes, that's the ticket - how do I get and install it?

Thanks!

Alex Raskin
February 5th, 2010, 08:08 PM
F1-F12 function keys mapped to these hot spot functions.

Which small keypad would you recommend to control the software?

I found this:

iKey introduces KYB-12 function-key keyboard - Today's Automation News Headlines from Automation.com (http://www.automation.com/content/ikey-introduces-kyb-12-function-key-keyboard?x=1&pagePath=00000000,00000307,00002525)

but maybe there's something like a straight bar instead? So to position it underneath or on the side of the monitor (velcro?)