View Full Version : Zoom & Zennheiser G3 Question

Tom Marks
February 7th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Hi,
What would be the better option? This is in regards to a Wedding ceremony. Do I record using the Sennheiser Wireless mic(lav) to one channel in stereo or do I record in "mono-mix" so it goes to both channels?
When I initially recored to one channel and placed it on the timeline in final cut pro I noticed it only came out of the left speaker. Personally I didn't care for the way it sounded. Now, when I recored in "mono-mix" and I placed in on the timeline in final cut it sound better because I had audio coming out of both channels BUT it wasn't as clear and loud. To clean it up I copied the mono-mix track and added to another audio track? Is this the right way to do it. I never dealt with audio before so I have to pleas ignorance here. Is there a way to take that clean one channel and somehow make it come out the second channel on the final edit in final cut?
Does that make any sense?
Hope someone can give me some good advice?
Thanks,
Tom Marks

Edward Carlson
February 7th, 2010, 08:53 PM
In FCP all you need to do is double click the audio track, then set Pan to 0. By default the pan of the left channel is -1 and the right is 1. Make both 0 and you won't have any stereo separation, but in this case that's exactly what you want (because you aren't using a stereo mic.)