View Full Version : Convert Files to .wmv on Mac

Teresa Brown
February 10th, 2010, 09:49 PM
Need to output a 4-minute video master to .wmv file on Mac FCP system. I have MPEG Streamclip & QuickTime Pro but all these will only output first 30-seconds of the video. I also tried convertion from an .avi file with same result. Any suggestions to output the complete video?

Perrone Ford
February 10th, 2010, 10:37 PM
How big is the file?

I am not aware of any free tools on the Mac to do this, but I am no Mac expert. However, if you can get the file to me, I'll convert it for you and send it back. Should only take a couple minutes. Is it in ProRes?

Glenn Davidson
February 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
I use 'FLIP 4 MAC' Pro. It is great. Just export from FCP using QT conversion, select .wmv, tweak settings and export.

Perrone Ford
February 10th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Yea, but it's $50 for SD, $180 for HD. That's a boatload for someone who want's to do this one time.

Glenn Davidson
February 10th, 2010, 10:57 PM
Really? 50 bucks is too much? Never mind.

Perrone Ford
February 10th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Yea, I'd heard of the program, but knew it wasn't free. So I looked it up:

Telestream Store (http://dynamic.telestream.net/buy/buy-flip4mac-wmv.asp)

Mike Brice
February 10th, 2010, 11:21 PM
I use this as well.

While its not free, it is easy and effective.

I bought it for a corporate client that needed one video in wmv and I have been surprised how often I actually use it.

I use 'FLIP 4 MAC' Pro. It is great. Just export from FCP using QT conversion, select .wmv, tweak settings and export.

Marco Leavitt
February 12th, 2010, 09:02 AM
You want MPEG Streamclip from Squared5. Nicest freeware I've ever come across. I can't say enough nice things about it, seriously.

Check it out:

Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows (http://www.squared5.com/)

Marco Leavitt
February 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Duplicate post deleted

Marco Leavitt
February 12th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Sorry Teresa, I see you already have Streamclip. I wasn't aware that was crippled. I haven't run into the 30 second limit, and am dead positive QuickTime Pro doesn't have one either. I suspect something else is going on here.